Monday, June 13, 2011

Part Five

I sat one minute and stood the other, and  walked around the waiting  room while the  surgery was taking place.  Family members and friends were there, but no one could have made me feel better. Everyone telling me to hope for the best. I wanted to cry, but my eyes were too dry. I sat down- placed my head on my lap. Someone put their hand on my back and holded  me tight. I looked up it was Aj. Just looking at his face made  tears roll down. He sat next to me holding my hand as I shook back and forth.

Abshir come up to me,  I have seen him go back and forth. He wanted to talk to me. I figured he didn't know what to say. Plus people were around me. But He finally came up to me. When it was only me and Aj sitting together.
 still not over?
I looked up and with my puffy and red eyes, and shook my head.
He sat in front of me, bending his head down. Can I get you anything?
I nodded again.
Aj looked at me, have you ate all day long?
I gave him a look as in,  Do I seem to be in position to eat anything.
When I finally thought, there was no more tears in side my eyes after crying for 5 straight hours.
.Halima  and her mom came. Ever time I saw a new face. I would start to tear .
I place my head on her chest and start new cycle of tear. Her mom took my hand. And said. "Habaryar ilaahey wuu kuu caroonaa ooyita bada iska daah. Asaa kaa jecel eeh". Her words made me stop tearing again. Thousands of things were going through my mind. All the sudden I heard . Halima greeting Abshir.

Ninkii lawaayere , Where have you been?
I wanted to look at her, or even asker her how they knew each other. But I was in too much pain to utter any word.


After 4  hours,  the surgery was over, Alhamdulilaah hooyo was fine, the doctor said it was just an internal bleeding in her heart. And they were  keeping  her in the hospital  for two weeks.

Everyone went into the room as soon as hooyo was conscious. Habary yar start to yell at me, for  not taking her to the doctors last night. Before I responded , she looked back at hooyo and start yelling at her. And they soon start to talk about, how she hated the hospital even when she was just a  little girl. The room was filled with smiles and laughter.  I caught a sight of Abshir standing at the door. I went up to him. As I dragged the door behind me, AJ gave me a dirty look.

Sorry about last night, you kind of know the situation I was in.
Don't worry about it.
Even thought you had me sitting here for hours. You're going to make it up right?
I smile, of course, Insha'allah, 
I got to get back to work, see you later.
Cafimaad Ayaan urajeeynaaya hooyo.
Thanks for everything.
Any time.

I came back inside, still wondering why Aj gave me that look. He was holding hooyo's hand .I tapped him on the shoulder, in a anger voice,  I said "WHAT?.. He gave me the look again and no answer.

The two weeks that hooyo was in the hospital. Abshir and I got to know each other. He took me to lunch and dinner and breakfast. Or you could say we had a date everyday. I have always thought. The person I depict as a spouse doesn't exist in the crazy universe. As If I needed some kind of machinery to build Mr right. But after I got to know Abshir. I must confess, he proved me wrong. He is kind, caring. Funny, considerate, handsome. You name it. He got  Everything a women would dream about. As he was telling me about the time when he stayed in the hospital after breaking his hand twice in the same day. We would hardly finish our shukaansi, as my phone was going crazy, people all over the world calling me, concerned about hooyo. I ignored two calls because, I wanted to stare  at his face as he was telling me the story, I barely heard what he was saying. But this time I had to take the call. I cut him off in the middle of the sentence, Abshir I got to take this it's aabe. "Oki doki I will call you later".

As much as I didn't want to talk to dad, . I don't even remember that last time he called. I remember waiting for his calls on especial occasions. On Eid day, I use to get so excited when ever the phone rang. When  hooyo answers the phone. I  would run up to her and give her the look, "is it him?".. with a big smile. And the smile would turn into frown. I remember sitting next to the phone all night long, when I was graduating from High School. I stayed up all night. Because of the time difference. After I send him an Email a week ago telling him about my success, I even told him to call me. Now that I was grown. I still needed a father but I have lost hope.

After I was done talking to him. I received a txt from halima.
How is hooyo doing?
She is fine., I txt back.
I need to talk to her and ask how she and Abshir know each other  but I didn't seem to have time. I figured this would be a good time.
I txt her back, Hey, How you and  abshir know each other?
We knew each-other back in cali.
She called me after sending the txt. He is nice, you two are so compatible.
Then why didn't you introduce me to him, I asked?
Tell me, how did you guys meet??
I start telling the story of rainy day!

The two weeks were over and it was time to go  home. Hooyo was  healthy as a horse. Aj was coming  to  drive us back home. For some reason hooyo grew fond of Aj, I remember when we were younger she always said he is  bad influence and   told me to say away from him.  Aj and I grew together. He is the brother I never had. I shared everything with him. And did what ever he said. I looked at him as a big brother. And considered him a best friend. After all he was the only guy in my life that never let me down. As we grew older, he kind of started to act weird. He was no longer the friend I use to wrestle and tease  and  call  each other names . He never called me with my name. And all the sudden he start saying. "You have a nice name". And when ever I say, What name?  the name you never used?  He always said. "adiga when will you grow up".

Our driver was a bit late. Abshir offered us a ride. However, Aj showed up. The nurse took hooyo to the car, As me and Aj were packing our stuff. Out of no where, he said Ninkaas ka har!. (Stay away from that guy)
It seemed as a surprise to me. I smile. "Maxaa ka wadaa" (What do you mean). Aj was the kind of people that say the word once and  does not repeat themselves. I asked him again. What do you mean stay away from him.? I asked that question several times. But he kept ignoring me. He finally tried to get away from me. I could sense he didn't want to talk about it. As he tried to exit the door while he was carrying stuff on both of his hand. I hurried and  and closed  the door. Facing him, I screamed ..You're  not leaving till you tell me what you meant  by what you said. I suggested holding my hands on my hips.


With anger voice, he said, I don't want to see you with that guy!
Something ticked me and I yelled back.  You are not my dad! I am grown women. I'll  date who ever I desire.  And exit the door,

He dropped the stuff he was holding and came after me.  Since when did you start dating? Worst, when did you start dating a divorced men with kids?

                                                      To Be Continue

3 comments:

  1. AAH Why did you stop there, I need PART 6 ????????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good.

    i feel you can be slightly more descriptive in order for the reader to get a sense or picture the surroundings eg in the previous chapter you said "the wind blew his shirt" now, what i picture from that are two people having dinner in a gust or strong wind! you have to try to use the correct verb in order to create a sense of reality.

    since this is not a serious attempt at a story im not really going to say too much grammar wise but if you want to attract people to read your work then the grammar must be correct at ALL times. or people will simple not bother.

    for example you wrote "i sat one minute and stand the other" what you should have said is: i sat one minute and stood the other , or, what would give it a feel of hesitation: "anxious, i seldom sat in one place , mind befogged as i paced up and down the waiting room".

    or in another sentence you could have said: I don't want to see you with that guy, he declared angrily, with a contorted face.

    So that is just a little feedback from myself, please don't feel offended in anyway as i'm just being honest. other than that good story.....

    i hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If she/he had an editor, the grammer would been taken care of. I am reading this for the stoeryline, and thus can ignore the little grammer mistake. Good suggestions though. Pay attention to he pantuation as well.

    ReplyDelete