Sunday, June 26, 2011

Part Seven

My name is Amira and Abshir is my uncle. I importuned "UNCLE "?
My mother passed way during the labor. And he raised me. The past 3 months he was a changed person. I overheard while he was talking to halima. And I don't want to be the agent of this catastrophe. He doesn't inform others that he is my uncle. He didn't even tell me, I founded  out. She topped to catch her breath.  And sighed wistfully.

I'd loads of questions. As to why her uncle raised her. Rather a grandmother or her father. However, I figured it wasn't a proper question to ask a Five year old.  Watching her sorrow eyes.  I couldn't refused her proposal.

                                              *****

When we reached their front door, as my hand was on the gesture  to knock the door, Abshir  suddenly opened the door.  He gaze toward amira then me,  astonishment and shocked to see us together. 

"I've a feeling this was not encounter meeting"? He said, looking very  solemn. 


We sat down on the stairs, he began telling me the story. My father died when I was 4 years old and my sister was 2. His Mother got sick , she was in  coma for 5 years. She didn't kept in contact with any family members since her family didn't approve her marriage. There was no one to take her kids in. They were about to be placed in foster care. When the step-father took them in with his 1st wife who at that time didn't had a children. She refused to keep the children.  To keep the promise he made to my abshirs mother who at that time was unable to take taker of her children, he divorced her. When his sister was 18 she got pregnant. The Stepfather didn't want to ruin his reputation, at that time he was running for an election in the UAE. And Abshirs mother couldn't  refuse the decision  of the man who took care of her children and left his own daughter and wife. They disowned girl. 7months later we were informed that  she passed away during labor. Abshirs  parents  still refused to take  Amira. Her father didn't want her but the grandmother is trying  to get custody. 

 Abshir placed his hand on my shoulder, to get an eye-contact, and he said. I don't usually tell this story. And I would like to keep it this way. However, Amir founded it out a month ago when the lawsuit was filed. The lawyer said, there are little chance of  us winning the case. Since I am single. And child would function well in the family environment.  I tried to coax my parents to come back. We would have better chances if the game is grandparents Vs Grandparents. 

                                     *****


I never listened to my mother’s stories  about my father. And why he left us. I once overheard her talking to her sister. And she declared fadumo and her kids needed him more than us. The last thing I wanted to do was fall in love with her son. 
I didn't want to ask, I was so scared to hear the respond.

 Abshir is your mother Fadumo Usman?  

4 comments:

  1. That was unexpected i must say

    ReplyDelete
  2. sis, u confuse me walhi in part 7......i stop reading......thnks for the first 6 parts.

    ReplyDelete