Saturday, June 11, 2011

Part four

I answered the phone. The voice was a familiar voice, a voice I wanted to hear before I went to bed.
So, did you think about it dear?
Hold on, wait, how you did....... Never mind
do you work for Federal Bureau of Investigation?
No, I'm paramedic, and ,the  only  person I want to work for  is you!


I've come loaded with statistics; I’ve noticed that a man can get what he wants if he is interested.


How sweet, so where are we going?
It's  surprise.....
 I've had an idea or mental picture of how our date will be like. Will we have dinner, at the top of Lavendou tower, whilst the wind blows his shirt with tenderness, while I smell his perfume which won't fade away.. Or relax at the beach, walking barefoot in the sand while we hold hands laying -down side by side and count the stars...Better yet, what if he takes me to bowling, meanwhile,  he embraces his arms round mine, and shows me how to bowl. I couldn't sleep loaded with expectancy for the next day. I woke up in the morning, with full enthusiasm and eagerness. When I realized I've over slept it was almost 1:00 Turned my closet upside-down deciding what to wear. I came downstairs to make breakfast and head out to teach workshop. The day seemed so long, every minute felt like an hour. It was finally time to go home. I received a txt message, 
"Are you going to the wedding tonight "..?
It was Halima... I txt back "No! With smiley face.  
After a minute she called me back. What do you mean No and smiley face. Where are you going?
It's a long story.
 I have time.
I've a date.
I suddenly receive another call, it was Abshir.  I hanged up on Halima, Even though she was yelling at me for not telling her  about the mysterious lover. 

Asalamu Aleykum, I am still in your calendar right?
Hmm... Maybe.
You better not ditch me gorgeous.
I won't handsome.
I will be there about an hour.

I didn't know how to react.  One hour?  Should I be excited, or worried? Worried I won't be able to get ready in one hour. Excited, I waited this for all day long.  I stole a parking from a guy, who was backing up to fix it. It's a hassle to find a parking in our area, people in the neighborhood are familiar with that kind of theft action. I've never done it. But I needed to save time. I looked back and apologized to the guy. And ran all the way to the 3rd floor. The door was open, the light was off and BBC was not on.  All the sudden I realized something was wrong.  I turn the light one and the AC off it was freezing, I traveled farther into the house.
When I saw my mother sleeping on her bed, I turned her light on, she was sweating. I sat next to her; she said she was fine; it was just a headache and heartburn. I asked her why she is sweating. 

She said,   lady in the neighbor gave her a medicine.
Hooyo, how many times have I told you not to take a medicine that was not prescribed for you?
I sat next to her bed, while her temperature changed. I made her oatmeal she threw out after a while. She was getting worst, and I had no chance of convincing her to seek  a medical attention. There is nothing  she hated more than going to hospital. I sat next to her all night, as she turned ,toasted and threw up. We both  slept 30 minutes before the sun rise. I woke by the sound of my Alarm clock that was in the other room.   I checked on hooyo, she was breathing hard but, sleep. I went downstairs to make her breakfast. The house phone rang, it was then when I realized I had left my phone in the car. I went back to check on hooyo, brought her breakfast, she said she need to use the restroom. The phone rang again, it was halima

Nayaa how was your date?
I didn't go hooyo is....
 I heard a loud noise, as something collapsed. I dropped the phone and ran to the restroom.  When I found hooyo lying on her chest. I shook her, and screamed there was no answer. Her eyes are closed and she is not moving anything in here body. My mind and my body was going totally two different directions. I dialed  911. Hooyo still not moving the operator telling me to calm down, the paramedics are on their way. My brain was active, but my legs couldn't walk. The operator, kept asking me questions, did she faint? Is she breathing, I kept mixing afsomali to English. I haven't realized it, till he said, I can't understand what you are saying. The paramedics finally arrived. He tapped her face, pushed her eyelid up; they picked her up to the ambulance, the only thing I have seen was my mom’s chest being opened... I thought it was a night-mare and I badly wanted to wake up from it. As I broke down into tears. A guy dragged me away from the ambulance, hooyo will be fine he said, the voice was familiar, I looked up still  tearing , It was Abshir.




                                              ***To be continued*** 

3 comments:

  1. Interesting, very Interesting, and talented

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, surprising, Can't wait for part Five...

    ReplyDelete